- Opening date
The Deputy Executive Director and Head of Unit Strategy and Governance supports the Executive Director in his work and decisions. He/she acts on behalf of the Executive Director during his absence. She/he supports the Executive Director in day-to-day management and overall coordination of the JU.
Candidates will be considered for the selection phase on the basis of the following formal criteria to be fulfilled by the deadline for applications:
- Be national of one of the Member States of the EU, Iceland, Lichtenstein or Norway and enjoy full rights as citizens.
- a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more, OR
- a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and appropriate professional experience of at least one year when the normal period of university education is at least three years;
- Produce evidence of a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union, preferably English, French or German, and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties.
- Produce the appropriate character references as to their suitability for the performance of duties of the post.3
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by applicable laws concerning military service.
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post.
Successful candidates should have:
- 15 years of professional experience5 in positions with tasks closely related to the ones described in section 2.1; including at least 5 years of team management/coordination experience,
- 5 years of experience in stakeholder management / communication and/or strategy development,
- Proven experience working with and managing governing boards, committees and working groups,
- Solid knowledge or professional experience of administrative and financial circuits demonstrating the ability to handle budgetary resources and/or in organising work, resources and procedures to achieve operational efficiencies,
- Proven experience in the preparation and implementation of Work Programmes, Work Plans and other strategic and/or operational documents for an organisation
- Excellent office management IT tools (Word, Excel, Power Point etc.);
- Strong drafting and presentation skills in English, both orally and in writing (C1 level or higher6).
Advantageous qualifications and experience:
- Working experience in a field related to the duties in an international and multicultural environment,
- Knowledge of EU policies, legislation and programmes, particularly those relevant to the JU’s activities and the post in question,
- 5 years of experience in an innovative and science driven sector relevant to the JU, e.g. technology, health, climate, transport or energy,
- Knowledge and understanding of the JU’s goals and objectives,
- Knowledge of the European HPC eco-system, and the HPC legal and regulatory framework.