- EUROHPC JU CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR EXTREME SCALE ACCESS MODE
- Publication date
- 6 July 2022
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Multiple cut-off
- Deadline dates
- 15 Dec 2022, 10:00 / 16 May 2023, 10:00 / 6 Oct 2023, 10:00 (CEST)
The Extreme Scale Access Mode call is targeting HPC applications with high-impact and high-gain innovative research. This access mode distributes resources, from the EuroHPC pre-exascale systems.
This call offers three distinctive application tracks:
- Scientific Access – Intended for applications from the academia and public research institutes.
- Industry Access – Intended for applications with Principal Investigator (PIs) coming from industry.
- Public Administration Access – Intended for applications with PIs coming from the public sector.
The supercomputer systems and their operations provided for the Extreme Scale Access Mode call by EuroHPC JU Hosting Entities are:
(*The above EuroHPC systems are sorted in order to show the last available system that entered production. **The resources are displayed in node hours.)
For more technical details on our supercomputers, you can visit the documentation pages provided by Hosting Entities on the pre-exascale systems LUMI, Leonardo, and MareNostrum5, available for this call.
Opening: The call is continuously open, with pre-defined cut-off dates that will trigger the evaluation of the proposals submitted up to this date.
Start date: The maximum time-to-resources-access of 6 months after the date of cut-off.
Type of access: The allocations will be granted for a period of one year (Single-year access) or two years (Multi-year access, with mid-term evaluation).
- Communication of allocation decision: End of September 2023
- Allocation period for awarded proposals: 01 October 2023 – 30 September 2024
- Submission of Progress / Final Reports for continuation proposals: Within three (3) months after the completion of the project (via the platform on the submission form)
The evaluation will be based on the technical review and scientific peer-review of all proposals. Award decisions will follow the ranking of proposals according to three criteria of: excellence, innovation and impact, and quality of implementation.
More information on call details, eligibility, assessment criteria and obligations for applicants and for awarded projects for Extreme Scale Access Mode can be found in the Documents section below.