- HORIZON-EUROHPC-JU- 2023-COE-01-01
- Publication date
- 8 March 2023
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- 8 June 2023, 17:00 (CEST)
- Funding programme
The selected CoEs should implement concrete actions to increase the performance of HPC applications and exploit the exascale and post exscale computing capabilities. The goal is to develop or scale up existing application codes towards these advanced performance, resulting into tangible benefits mainly for scientific challenges.
Adapting applications to exascale and future post-exascale performance is a major challenge that requires significant changes in application codes, in some cases involving a complete rethink or substantial code re-engineering and rewrite.
Applications are invited to identify one of the following application areas:
- Personalised Medicine/ Digital Twin of the human body;
- Human Brain research & neurological disorders;
- Energy: optimising energy consumption and supporting the transition to a reliable and low carbon and clean energy society;
- Performance optimisation: analysis and assessment, tools and optimisation and productivity services for HPC academic and industrial code(s) (including support to selected Centres of Excellence).
Only one proposal will be selected per topic identified above and a maximum total of four proposals will be selected as a result of this call.
The selected projects are expected to start on 1 January 2024 for a period of three years.